As a CITL team member, I present technology workshops and create video tutorials to help faculty with Moodle gradebook, course design and distance learning. Prior to CITL, I was an adjunct teaching the Microsoft Office Professional Certification program and Developmental Algebra.
As a technology person I am always thinking of ways technology can facilitate and improve our lives. Prior to working in education, I was a Technical Support Rep in the software industry where I was involved in all facets of software development and implementation: the applications as well as the systems, databases and networks they are built on. Technology can provide us with unique and creative strategies for serving our students.
BCC TEDx Event 4/26/2013 - my speech: BCC TEDx "Collaborators, Bystanders, and Heros "
List of BCC Courses I currently teach:
My Talks and Workshops:
- Facebook for Collaborative Research presented at NJEDGE TECH Showcase 3/15/2013
- Faculty Web Pages with SharePoint
- Moodle Gradebook, Respondus Quizzes
- Smart Classrooms: Teaching Math with Online Graphics Applets
- SQL and Relational Database Design
- Intro to Computer Networks and TCP/IP protocols
- UNIX and Shell Programming, Windows NT Systems Admin
Degrees and Certifications:
- Masters Degree in Educational Technology, NJCU 2008
- Microsoft Certified Professional Trainer - (Windows NT & Networks)
- CompTia Certified Technical Trainer
- NJ Certified Math Teacher
- Distinguished Toastmaster, 3/2020
- Toastmasters | NJJGS